Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Karate!

I took Joshua to the Karate place to sign him up for some yaaaaw! :)

I can see the benefit of it for him , self confidence, respect and more.. I was about to walk in , and then he stood frozen outside.
I asked What's going on? Can you please go in? Joshua, get inside right now! How I suppose to sign you up if you are not walking in?

He responded, Mooom! I never said that I want to do Karate, you are the one who wants me to, plus I don't like it , I don't want it, sigh

Well I'm not going to push to something that you are not going to enjoy

He kept going , plus since when have you heard of a kid that plays piano and do karate at the same time? :)

At least he's excited about piano Lessons!

5 comments:

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Nice try anyway Paola! Tell him to focus on piano and do well, it is my greatest regret that I quit piano before I knew how to play!! The city does have some karate classes for a short term commitment and reasonable $.

Andrea said...

Well, I guess that saves you some money. Good for Joshua for speaking up and good for you for listening.

Pao said...

Yeah, I was thinking about that too , like why would I spend money in something that doesnt get his attention.By the way he had his first piano lesson and he's so excited about it he really like it.
Thanks for the tip Sue.

Ashley said...

Who is he taking piano lessons with?

Pao said...

With a Girl from our ward , they are new , her name is Devry (hopefully I spelled it fine)She's so sweet and Joshua is really enjoying it, he practice at home by himself without me telling him , hopefully he'll still that way.
Somebody asked me if Joshua still going to do karate or not , he's not.And it's totally fine with me.I had to much in my plate already.I'm glad that he decided not to.
I just feel bad (about karate) because he took it the wrong way, he thought he was going to get beat up. I told him that's not what is about.Poor kid.