We have been gone for quite a while , for vacation , and other fun stuff. It seems like it never ends.Even if I don't plan something , I still have new things every day of the week. Today I'm so tired, I just want to do something for myself that it makes me happy or that I achieved something.I been hiding behind my husband , thinking When he's done with school I'll be able to go back to school and per sue a career or something .Well , he's been out of school for more than a year now and I'm still here without the opportunity of doing something. His schedule is so weird that he's more out of town than at home (hopefully is not to much information).So that make it for me even harder to do something , like taking classes.
It's so hard to be a stay home Mom sometimes, there's no break, you know.I love my children more than anything else, and every decision that I make is base in their happiness, even if sometimes is not the right one.
I just thought about a talk in our Church from the last general conference .I just love Elder Ballard's talk, Daughters of God He state,
"Third, even as you try to cut out the extra commitments, sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children"
I know that I'll find the time to cultivate my gifts, hopefully soon. I know that is more I can offer,tell me your thoughts.
Day 3 - Lasaune & Interlaken, Switzerland
12 years ago


2 comments:
Those same thoughts have been on my mind as well! I've started by turning my personal goals into family goals. (Like, before I was married, physical fitness was a HUGE part of my life, so now we have bi-weekly family walks and bike rides...)I just wish I knew what other things I wanted to do and learn about to get my "identity" back :) When you find something you want to pursue and need someone to watch the kids, let me know...I'd love to be able to support you in your goals! :)
That's another thing too, I don't know what I want to do, I know that I want to learn new things , but I don't know what. What am I good at? you know. I think I have to check that first :) Thank you so much for your support, you are a very sweet friend,
Post a Comment